Erika's Pineapple Cheese Cake
Which I turned into a gluten free cherry cheese cake for the Gumboot Girls.
2 cups of sweet biscuits in the blender. ( I used a mixture of almond and hazel meal instead )
90 gm of melted butter
2 teaspoons of hot water
1 tablespoon of gelatine
¼ cup of hot water ( I warmed up some of the preserving syrup instead of water )
375 gm of Cream Cheese
½ cup of castor sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
¼ cup of lemon juice
425 gm can of crushed pineapple ( I used my home preserved Lapin cherries instead )
1 ¼ cup of whipped cream
· Combine biscuit crumbs, melted butter and 2 teaspoons of hot water.
· Press mixture into sides and base of a cake tin (20cm), refrigerate.
· Dissolve gelatine in ¼ cup of hot water.
· Beat cream cheese until smooth, gradually adding sugar, dissolved gelatine, vanilla essence, lemon juice and ¼ cup of pineapple juice.
· Blend well.
· Fold whipped cream and drained pineapple into mixture. ( Cherries, with their stones removed )
· Pour into shell.
· Chill until firm, preferably overnight.
· Decorate with strawberries and enjoy.