Monday 18 February 2008

THAI STYLE PUMPKIN SOUP

I cooked this beautiful soup after reading the recipe on Mas du Diable. It is a much needed alternative to regular pumpkin soup for those of us who have lots of pumpkins to eat!

500g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
oil
1 - 1.5 Tbl Thai Red Curry Paste (I used 1 tsp so it wasn't so hot)
1 large onion, sliced
500ml chicken stock
300ml cocnut milk
I also added :
2 kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
3 sprigs Laksa herb(Vietnamese mint), chopped

Heat some oil in a large pan, add curry paste and onion and fry for a few minutes until the onion is translucent and the paste is giving off its aroma. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil.
Lower heat, cover and simmer until pumpkin is soft.
Puree until smooth and add a little fish sauce, chili oil or lime juice

2 comments:

laura Hudson said...

Thanks for kinking to my post - I have since moved my recipes to a new blog so the URL has changed to http://cevenolkitchen.blogspot.com/2009/02/pumpkin-soup-thai-style.html

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.